The interaction between the different teams of architects, engineers, researchers together with the possibility of counting on experts in calculations and simulations made it possible for the Project to be enriched as the analyses developed by the research were incorporated.
Free housing in the Eixample district of Barcelona “Pau Claris building”. Completed in 2004.
The building mainly considered these aspects:
- Analysis of the skin of the building enclosure, that is to say, facade, roof and interior facades.
- Natural ventilation systems through a lobby /central courtyard
- Structural and construction systems.
- Consumption management. Calculation of energy savings and thermal simulations.
- Analysis of possible improvements in materials with low environmental impact
- Introduction of construction elements that favour the environment.
- Vegetation is a regulator of humidity and temperature.
- Recycled materials
All these aspects were studied from its technical specifications, testing during the simulation development and costs in relation to the costs of a conventional building.